Saturday 20 April 2013

Red kite, whimbrel and an ambitious robin

How I wished that I had been on Black hole marsh this morning instead of Coronation corner when I saw this beautiful red kite just gliding across the Tower hide.  After a minor panic with an unco-operative lens I did manage a couple of pictures as it turned and headed north up the estuary.  What a wonderful sight - I so wish we had more.




I then wandered down to Seaton marshes where there were 4 wheatears and a pair of whimbrel on the main scrape.   Although a long way away the light was perfect so the photos came out pretty well considering the distance.




A couple of in flight shots as they flew over me calling as I walked back down the path



And finally I think this robin was being a bit ambitious as despite all it was carrying it was still trying to collect more!



1 comment: