Wednesday 11 May 2016

Short Eared Owl

I was unable to get to see yesterdays short eared owl until late afternoon by which time it was always distant for my camera and only flying briefly a few times while I was there.  As I already have some very nice short eared owl pictures in my collection I was not too concerned and just pleased to have been able to see it.   Late afternoon today I returned primarily hoping for the summer plumaged knot which unfortunately had just moved down river before I got to the tower hide.  The short eared owl was still present though distant to begin with on a far post.  This time it was a bit more active and I was lucky enough to get a few much closer views than yesterday.


A bit too close on this occasion


Taken through the branches of a tree 



Finally just a few more of the Musbury hoopoe before it moved on






No comments:

Post a Comment