Wednesday 12 April 2017

Cattle Egrets, Spoonbills And 2 Missed Ospreys.

As I'm usually very lucky with ospreys I can't really complain about missing the 2 that have passed through here in the last few days.  I was close today as it just disappeared over the hills being chased by a buzzard as I got back to the tower hide having left a little while before.  I hung around for a while hoping for its return which it didn't but was rewarded instead with some great views of a cattle egret landing and flying around the estuary.







Here is a distant photo of all 6 that were present earlier in the week.


Last night just as I was cooking dinner a text from Tim White, who had 2 spoonbills on Black Hole Marsh, had me heading back there just before dark.  As you can see they were quite distant for my camera and the sun had gone but still nice to see.  I made a quick trip over again this morning hoping to see them in better light when Ian M said they were still there, but unfortunately they had just flown when I arrived.


Also this evening crossing the river was a mallard with 14 youngsters


And finally there was lots of squabbling and entertainment amongst the shelducks both on the river and on Black Hole Marsh.


2 comments:

  1. Cracking flight shots of the Cattle Egret Sue! Lovely colourful one too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes i am totally agreed with this article and i just want say that this article is very nice and very informative article.I will make sure to be reading your blog more. You made a good point but I can't help but wonder, what about the other side? !!!!!!Thanks axe throwing

    ReplyDelete